Mrs. Fixit: Decor under glass
January 28,2012 (WPVI) -- Adding glass to the top of a dresser or desk can cover damage or protect a finish from damage, but it also gives you a neat space for adding an accent to your décor. I'll show you!
You can turn an urn or other pedestal into an accent table by adding a piece of wood or cut a piece of cardboard to the size you need and top it with some fabric, wrapping paper or tissue paper.
This is an easy and inexpensive way to make a custom piece to decorate your home.
In a home office you can place calendars or lists under a piece of glass and use some dry erase markers to keep track of dates and projects. Then simply wipe the notes off and start over when you're done!
If you're using the glass to protect the top of the piece, try layering some doilies or fabric underneath, or better yet, fill it with family photos and use it for a great visual scrapbook.
Make sure that you use tempered glass that has been cut by a professional and that the edges are buffed smooth so you don't get cut! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run 30 min ago
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting 49 min ago
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft 8 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish 29 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool 13 min ago
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
30 min ago
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas...
8 min ago
- Video released in pizza delivery driver...
49 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as...
13 min ago