Mrs. Fixit: Decor under glass
January 28,2012 (WPVI) -- Adding glass to the top of a dresser or desk can cover damage or protect a finish from damage, but it also gives you a neat space for adding an accent to your décor. I'll show you!
You can turn an urn or other pedestal into an accent table by adding a piece of wood or cut a piece of cardboard to the size you need and top it with some fabric, wrapping paper or tissue paper.
This is an easy and inexpensive way to make a custom piece to decorate your home.
In a home office you can place calendars or lists under a piece of glass and use some dry erase markers to keep track of dates and projects. Then simply wipe the notes off and start over when you're done!
If you're using the glass to protect the top of the piece, try layering some doilies or fabric underneath, or better yet, fill it with family photos and use it for a great visual scrapbook.
Make sure that you use tempered glass that has been cut by a professional and that the edges are buffed smooth so you don't get cut! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry