Mrs. Fixit: Wood Cabinet Care
January 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wood cabinetry is beautiful and hard working, but it doesn't need some care to keep it looking great - I have some tips to help you out.
Routinely wipe the cabinet doors and faces with a soft cloth dipped in warm soapy water. Make sure that you wipe all of the cracks and crevices so that nothing accumulates in those recessed areas.
You never want to use polishes or wax on wood cabinetry because it can attract grease and particles from the air.
Follow up by drying a buffing each cabinet with a soft dry cloth. Never let water sit on wood cabinets for an extended period of time.
Crumbs and other debris can get into the sliding tracks of drawers and cause them to not slide smoothly. To combat this, vaccuum those tracks along with your regular cleaning.
You should also vacuum behind those slide out cabinet shelves and in corner lazy susan units to keep dust and debris from accumulating.
If you have slide out shelving in your cabinets, make sure that you distribute weight evenly, having heavy items in the front of those drawers can cause unneeded wear and tear on the tracks.
Just a few easy care tips to keep your wood cabinetry in tip top shape, I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 39 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 22 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 9 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
53 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
39 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
22 min ago