Mrs. Fixit: Wood Cabinet Care
January 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wood cabinetry is beautiful and hard working, but it doesn't need some care to keep it looking great - I have some tips to help you out.
Routinely wipe the cabinet doors and faces with a soft cloth dipped in warm soapy water. Make sure that you wipe all of the cracks and crevices so that nothing accumulates in those recessed areas.
You never want to use polishes or wax on wood cabinetry because it can attract grease and particles from the air.
Follow up by drying a buffing each cabinet with a soft dry cloth. Never let water sit on wood cabinets for an extended period of time.
Crumbs and other debris can get into the sliding tracks of drawers and cause them to not slide smoothly. To combat this, vaccuum those tracks along with your regular cleaning.
You should also vacuum behind those slide out cabinet shelves and in corner lazy susan units to keep dust and debris from accumulating.
If you have slide out shelving in your cabinets, make sure that you distribute weight evenly, having heavy items in the front of those drawers can cause unneeded wear and tear on the tracks.
Just a few easy care tips to keep your wood cabinetry in tip top shape, I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler 38 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash 59 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup 29 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 19 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 40 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
59 min ago