Mrs. Fixit: Getting rid of stink bugs
February 04, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you have them, you know&stinkbugs are a problem to have in your home. Luckily I have a few easy ways to fight them.
To start, never squish stinkbugs. They get their name because they release a nasty odor when they are attacked, and the odor will attract more bugs.
You can vaccum the bugs, but just make sure that you do a whole house bug check, because once you're done you will need to seal the vacuum bag in a zip top plastic bag and toss it in the garbage.
Another way to get rid of them is to knock individual bugs into a bowl of soapy water. The soap will kill the bugs so you can dispose of them.
Just dump the water into a toilet bowl and flush. This will ensure it doesn't get squished in the garbage.
If you see the bugs on the outside of your house, spray them with soapy water.
To prevent the bugs from getting into the house in first place, make sure you caulk around windows and doors, check for holes in screens and insulate around foundations and ductwork.
Just some easy ways to get rid of those stink bugs. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 32 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man killed in front of Rita's Water Ice in West Oak Lane 10 min ago
- Bar fight leads to double shooting in Southwest Philadelphia 19 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ
- Man killed in front of Rita's Water Ice in...
10 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
32 min ago