Mrs. Fixit: Getting rid of stink bugs
February 04, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you have them, you know&stinkbugs are a problem to have in your home. Luckily I have a few easy ways to fight them.
To start, never squish stinkbugs. They get their name because they release a nasty odor when they are attacked, and the odor will attract more bugs.
You can vaccum the bugs, but just make sure that you do a whole house bug check, because once you're done you will need to seal the vacuum bag in a zip top plastic bag and toss it in the garbage.
Another way to get rid of them is to knock individual bugs into a bowl of soapy water. The soap will kill the bugs so you can dispose of them.
Just dump the water into a toilet bowl and flush. This will ensure it doesn't get squished in the garbage.
If you see the bugs on the outside of your house, spray them with soapy water.
To prevent the bugs from getting into the house in first place, make sure you caulk around windows and doors, check for holes in screens and insulate around foundations and ductwork.
Just some easy ways to get rid of those stink bugs. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 11 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 22 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 32 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 32 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 19 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
11 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
22 min ago