Mrs. Fixit: Handy Helpers
February 05,2012 (WPVI) -- All of us could use an extra hand now and then. I have a couple of things you can grab that will really help you out!
Caribeener hooks are generally thought of as a sporting item, but i found these large hooks and they're so handy!
I can hook them around a bunch of grocery bags and use the rubber grip as a handle to carry them all at once.
A friend hooks one to her stroller to hook her purse and diaper bag in place.
I've always loved hook and loop tape for all sorts of things, but it's a one time kind of thing. I love the one sided variety that hooks to itself. I use it to bundle moldings and wrapping paper rolls so they don't roll around.
I also love it for corrallling cords, securing items in the car, and keeping electronics and their cords together. Use your imagination - there has got to be a million ways this stuff is handy.
Finally, forget holding a flashlight in your teeth or teetering it on your shoulder. Grab a flash light that stands on it's own. This one has a pop out tri-pod and a pivoting head so i can point it right where i need it and have my hands free to work.
Now, lets give these tips a hand for being so helpful!!! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet