Mrs. Fixit: Picture Hanging Hardware
February 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- We've come a long way from the classic picture hanging hook, there are tons of options out there. Check them out!!
When you have a heavier picture, rather than using a big hook, try one of these hooks with a wider top and two nails.
It evenly distributes the weight and allows the picture hang closer to the wall.
Need to hang something flush against a wall like a mirror or a headboard? Try a french cleat.
These screw into the back of the piece and then into the wall and slide into each other to hold the item flush and secure.
If you don't want holes in your walls at all, try a removable adhesive strip with a hanger attached. You can put it in place and remove it without damage if you change your mind.
Along those same lines - you can use a hook and loop self adhesive and attach one side to the picture and one to the wall.
So the next time you need to hang some artwork, take a look at the variety of hangers on the market.
I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 51 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 17 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...