Mrs. Fixit: Epoxies
February 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Epoxies are a great solution for repairs around the house, they are super strong and can resist water and chemicals. If you aren't familiar with them, I have a little guide to introduce you.
All epoxies have two parts that need to be mixed together to be activated. A resin and a hardener. When mixed there is a chemical reaction that creates and adhesive that will bond to almost any clean, hard surface and hold fast and tight.
Once mixed, you need to work quickly so the epoxy stays useable.
You need to work in a well ventilated area and wear safety gloves and glasses, the epoxy can cause a lot of problems if allowed to touch your skin.
If you do get some on your wash immediately with some vinegar to neutralize the resin and then follow up with soap and water. Once an epoxy has dried it is perfectly safe to touch!
Epoxies can set bolts in concrete, restore rotted wood, fix plumbing issues, and there are even epoxy paints that can be used to coat garage and basement floors.
These multi-purpose, multifunctional adhesives are definitely worth a look for your next project. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Wintry Weekend
49 min ago