Mrs. Fixit: Painting on Glass
February 19,2012 (WPVI) -- Painting on glass is an easy option for blocking out an undesirable view, adding a little privacy or making some custom artwork or décor and it's not permanent like etching or frosting so you can change the look as it suits you!
For this project I'm using acrylic paints because I may want to change it later on and you can scrape acrylic paints off with a razor blade once it's dried.
Make sure that your glass is clean and dry. I like to use some rubbing alcohol on a lint free cloth to make sure any residue has been removed.
If you're comfortable painting freehand, go ahead a do that, if not try using a pattern or stencil. I'm using a stencil, so i just need to secure it to the glass with some painter's tape.
Using a stencil brush or a wet sea sponge, use a pouncing motion to add the paint to the glass. Once you're finished, remove the stencil and let the paint dry.
You could try layering different colors on for a varied look, let your imagination go wild!
Remember, acrylic paint can chip off if handled or touched a lot, if you're project will be in a high traffic area or you want it to last a long time, try a paint specially made for glass.
For my project, these acrylic paints were an easy and inexpensive solution for my needs! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
- Another Beauty
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51 22 min ago
- Police: Severe neglect led to disabled man's death 4 min ago
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Photos: Pictures of bear sightings in the area
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age...
22 min ago