Mrs. Fixit: Painting on Glass
February 19,2012 (WPVI) -- Painting on glass is an easy option for blocking out an undesirable view, adding a little privacy or making some custom artwork or décor and it's not permanent like etching or frosting so you can change the look as it suits you!
For this project I'm using acrylic paints because I may want to change it later on and you can scrape acrylic paints off with a razor blade once it's dried.
Make sure that your glass is clean and dry. I like to use some rubbing alcohol on a lint free cloth to make sure any residue has been removed.
If you're comfortable painting freehand, go ahead a do that, if not try using a pattern or stencil. I'm using a stencil, so i just need to secure it to the glass with some painter's tape.
Using a stencil brush or a wet sea sponge, use a pouncing motion to add the paint to the glass. Once you're finished, remove the stencil and let the paint dry.
You could try layering different colors on for a varied look, let your imagination go wild!
Remember, acrylic paint can chip off if handled or touched a lot, if you're project will be in a high traffic area or you want it to last a long time, try a paint specially made for glass.
For my project, these acrylic paints were an easy and inexpensive solution for my needs! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 31 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 7 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
31 min ago