Mrs. Fixit: Epoxy Guide
FEBRUARY 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Have you ever wondered how epoxies can help you with your home projects?
Epoxies are a great solution for repairs around the house - they are super strong and can resist water and chemicals. If you aren't familiar with them, I have a little guide to introduce you.
All epoxies have two parts that need to be mixed together to be activated - a resin and a hardener.
When mixed there is a chemical reaction that creates an adhesive that will bond to almost any clean, hard surface and hold fast and tight.
Once mixed, you need to work quickly so the epoxy stays useable.
You need to work in a well ventilated area and wear safety gloves and glasses because the epoxy can cause a lot of problems if allowed to touch your skin.
If you get some on you, wash immediately with some vinegar to neutralize the resin and then follow up with soap and water. Once an epoxy has dried it is perfectly safe to touch!
Epoxies can set bolts in concrete, restore rotted wood, fix plumbing issues, and there are even epoxy paints that can be used to coat garage and basement floors.
These multi-purpose, multifunctional adhesives are definitely worth a look for your next project.
I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- One Fine Friday!
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County
- Mother charged with assaulting student at school
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Man wanted for exposing himself in Montco
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- Reading family loses son to swinging rope game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos