Mrs. Fixit: Ribbon Storage
March 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- I love to decorate and craft with ribbons but it gets all mixed up and tangled, I have a simple solution to save you the headache.
All you need for this project is a wood round with a pretty edge, some wood dowels and some decorative finials.
You want to place the dowels so that you can maximize storage space. Place your spools on the round and mark the locations for your dowels.
Use a spade bit to pre-drill the holes for your dowels. A little flag of masking tape with make it easy for you to drill your holes to the same depth.
Clear away any saw dust and slide your dowels in place.
You can make the dowels as long or as short as you want depending upon the amount of storage you need.
Once you've got the dowels to the height you want, you can add cute little finials to the tops to give it a finished look.
Now that it's all together you can paint or stain it to meet your needs. I Iove that all of the ribbon is organized and right at my fingertips!
All that organization - priceless! Try it for yourself! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police-involved shooting in Southwest Philadelphia
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 3 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos