Mrs. Fixit: Stain Removal on the Go
March 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Stains are the easiest to remove when you get to them quickly, I have some stain fighters that you can find on the go!
If you're at your favorite restaurant and you splatter grease on yourself, grab a packet of artificial sweetener.
It is a fine powder that will absorb the grease from the fabric and then you can brush it away.
Another great grease absorber, bread. Just wad up the soft center of your bread and dab at the stains to absorb the grease.
The old stand-by - club soda. The carbonated beverage will help treat anything from grease to wine.
The alcohol in hand sanitizer is also a great stain fighter, keep some in your purse or pocket and squirt it directly on stains to break them up. Juice, soda, coffee, milk - it treats them all!
If you're staying in a hotel, you can treat stains with some bar soap or shampoo.
Wet the soap and rub it into the stain or squirt the shampoo over the stain. Let either sit overnight and rinse it off in the morning.
I hope these tips help you fight stains while you're on the go!! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
1 min ago