Mrs. Fixit: Stain Removal on the Go
March 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Stains are the easiest to remove when you get to them quickly, I have some stain fighters that you can find on the go!
If you're at your favorite restaurant and you splatter grease on yourself, grab a packet of artificial sweetener.
It is a fine powder that will absorb the grease from the fabric and then you can brush it away.
Another great grease absorber, bread. Just wad up the soft center of your bread and dab at the stains to absorb the grease.
The old stand-by - club soda. The carbonated beverage will help treat anything from grease to wine.
The alcohol in hand sanitizer is also a great stain fighter, keep some in your purse or pocket and squirt it directly on stains to break them up. Juice, soda, coffee, milk - it treats them all!
If you're staying in a hotel, you can treat stains with some bar soap or shampoo.
Wet the soap and rub it into the stain or squirt the shampoo over the stain. Let either sit overnight and rinse it off in the morning.
I hope these tips help you fight stains while you're on the go!! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 28 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 44 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
28 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
44 min ago