Mrs. Fixit: Stain Removal on the Go
March 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Stains are the easiest to remove when you get to them quickly, I have some stain fighters that you can find on the go!
If you're at your favorite restaurant and you splatter grease on yourself, grab a packet of artificial sweetener.
It is a fine powder that will absorb the grease from the fabric and then you can brush it away.
Another great grease absorber, bread. Just wad up the soft center of your bread and dab at the stains to absorb the grease.
The old stand-by - club soda. The carbonated beverage will help treat anything from grease to wine.
The alcohol in hand sanitizer is also a great stain fighter, keep some in your purse or pocket and squirt it directly on stains to break them up. Juice, soda, coffee, milk - it treats them all!
If you're staying in a hotel, you can treat stains with some bar soap or shampoo.
Wet the soap and rub it into the stain or squirt the shampoo over the stain. Let either sit overnight and rinse it off in the morning.
I hope these tips help you fight stains while you're on the go!! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 8 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- Video: Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain