Mrs. Fixit: Under Sink Organization
April 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- If undersink storage is a nightmare in your house, I have some easy ideas to keep it clean, organized and under control!
First things first, empty the cabinet and clean the base well to make sure there is no residue or spills.
Under the sink can get damp and musty, stash an open box of baking soda in a back corner to absorb excess moisture.
Put an old cookie sheet on the base of the cabinet to place your cleaners on. You can slide it out easily to see what's in there and it will protect the base of the cabinet from spills.
Use a ball jar to store steel wool soap pads, you can see through it so you know what's in there and it is airtight so you don't have to worry about the pads rusting prematurely.
Use small removable hooks on the inside of the door to store everything from rags to gloves.
I also love a tension rod for hanging my spray bottles out of the way and within reach!
Save old cleaning wipes containers, you can stuff plastic grocery bags in to store them and dispense them easily when you need them.
Some simple ways to tame the clutter under you sink! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos