Mrs. Fixit: Timesavers
April 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mrs Fixit says getting done a lot of things doesn't have to take a lot of time.
I have some ideas to save you valuable time in your day so you have more time for all of those important things in your life.
If you love making homemade cookies for your family, but never seem to have the time, make a double batch the next time. Cook half and then place the second half on cookie sheets in cookie form and pop them in the freezer.
Once they're frozen, pop them in a plastic zipper bag in the freezer and you'll have cookies ready to go when you are -- no mess, no prep time at all!
When you have a favorite recipe that requires time consuming chopping, chop twice as much as you need and freeze the excess. You'll save yourself all of that chopping the next time you make it.
Wash your shower while you're in there! The steam from the shower will loosen dirt and soap scum. It's easier to reach all of the areas and the shower spray will rinse everything clean when you're done!
Make a list for shopping, the list will keep you on task and help you get the job done faster, whenever possible, shop alone and you will be more focused and get the job done in half the time!
A few little shortcuts here and there can really pay off in the end! I'm Mrs Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ