Mrs. Fixit: Paper Towel to Pretty
April 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- I saw this old wooden paper towel holder at a tag sale and thought with a little sprucing up it would make the perfect spot for a little girl to store all of her hair accessories and jewelry! I'll show you how to do it.
First, sand the finish lightly to remove any build-up and scuff off any sheen on the old finish. Wipe away any excess dust.
Then paint the piece to coordinate with your little girl's room. You could paint it a flat color or paint the different parts in different colors to really make it shine!
It is also a good idea to add a coat of poly to the piece, as she puts items on and takes them off she could scuff up the paint job.
Now, tie a couple of lengths of grossgrain ribbon around one end and let them trail down, these are the perfect spot for storing earrings and barrets.
The rod is the perfect spot for rubberbands, necklaces, bracelts and sunglasses. headbands can be slipped over the side supports.
You could even add cup hooks to sides for more storage!
A simple project from a home cast-off! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 44 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 47 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 6 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 36 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
44 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
42 min ago