Mrs. Fixit: Paper Towel to Pretty
April 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- I saw this old wooden paper towel holder at a tag sale and thought with a little sprucing up it would make the perfect spot for a little girl to store all of her hair accessories and jewelry! I'll show you how to do it.
First, sand the finish lightly to remove any build-up and scuff off any sheen on the old finish. Wipe away any excess dust.
Then paint the piece to coordinate with your little girl's room. You could paint it a flat color or paint the different parts in different colors to really make it shine!
It is also a good idea to add a coat of poly to the piece, as she puts items on and takes them off she could scuff up the paint job.
Now, tie a couple of lengths of grossgrain ribbon around one end and let them trail down, these are the perfect spot for storing earrings and barrets.
The rod is the perfect spot for rubberbands, necklaces, bracelts and sunglasses. headbands can be slipped over the side supports.
You could even add cup hooks to sides for more storage!
A simple project from a home cast-off! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall 25 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand 35 min ago
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia 33 min ago
- Bicyclist shoots young man in face in SW Philadelphia 3 min ago
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 31 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
35 min ago