Mrs. Fixit: Paper Towel to Pretty
April 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- I saw this old wooden paper towel holder at a tag sale and thought with a little sprucing up it would make the perfect spot for a little girl to store all of her hair accessories and jewelry! I'll show you how to do it.
First, sand the finish lightly to remove any build-up and scuff off any sheen on the old finish. Wipe away any excess dust.
Then paint the piece to coordinate with your little girl's room. You could paint it a flat color or paint the different parts in different colors to really make it shine!
It is also a good idea to add a coat of poly to the piece, as she puts items on and takes them off she could scuff up the paint job.
Now, tie a couple of lengths of grossgrain ribbon around one end and let them trail down, these are the perfect spot for storing earrings and barrets.
The rod is the perfect spot for rubberbands, necklaces, bracelts and sunglasses. headbands can be slipped over the side supports.
You could even add cup hooks to sides for more storage!
A simple project from a home cast-off! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 7 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 19 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 44 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 33 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos