Mrs. Fixit: Paper Towel to Pretty
April 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- I saw this old wooden paper towel holder at a tag sale and thought with a little sprucing up it would make the perfect spot for a little girl to store all of her hair accessories and jewelry! I'll show you how to do it.
First, sand the finish lightly to remove any build-up and scuff off any sheen on the old finish. Wipe away any excess dust.
Then paint the piece to coordinate with your little girl's room. You could paint it a flat color or paint the different parts in different colors to really make it shine!
It is also a good idea to add a coat of poly to the piece, as she puts items on and takes them off she could scuff up the paint job.
Now, tie a couple of lengths of grossgrain ribbon around one end and let them trail down, these are the perfect spot for storing earrings and barrets.
The rod is the perfect spot for rubberbands, necklaces, bracelts and sunglasses. headbands can be slipped over the side supports.
You could even add cup hooks to sides for more storage!
A simple project from a home cast-off! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 47 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 14 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Police search for suspects in religious...
14 min ago