Mrs. Fixit: Paper Towel to Pretty
April 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- I saw this old wooden paper towel holder at a tag sale and thought with a little sprucing up it would make the perfect spot for a little girl to store all of her hair accessories and jewelry! I'll show you how to do it.
First, sand the finish lightly to remove any build-up and scuff off any sheen on the old finish. Wipe away any excess dust.
Then paint the piece to coordinate with your little girl's room. You could paint it a flat color or paint the different parts in different colors to really make it shine!
It is also a good idea to add a coat of poly to the piece, as she puts items on and takes them off she could scuff up the paint job.
Now, tie a couple of lengths of grossgrain ribbon around one end and let them trail down, these are the perfect spot for storing earrings and barrets.
The rod is the perfect spot for rubberbands, necklaces, bracelts and sunglasses. headbands can be slipped over the side supports.
You could even add cup hooks to sides for more storage!
A simple project from a home cast-off! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 36 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 8 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 27 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 57 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 59 min ago
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 39 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 49 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
2 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
36 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
27 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
57 min ago