Mrs. Fixit: Dusting Dilemmas
April 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dusting is one of those jobs that it seems like you can never keep up with, this is especially true if your home has forced air heating, which can spew dust from your duct work all through the house. I have some ideas to help!
Let's start with that forced air. Invest in good filters for your furnace. There are all different grades of filter, and there are many on the market that are designed specifically to reduce dust and allergens in your home.
You should also check the filter often, once it's clogged up with dust and dirt it's time for a new one!
In addition to the filter that goes in the furnace itself, you can get smaller filters that fit into wall and floor vents to cut the dust even more!
As far as the dusting itself, don't over do with a bunch of polishes and potions, they can cause excessive build-up that can actually attract dust.
A simple microfiber cloth or mitt is really all you need to sweep up that dust in no time.
For some extra dust repelling power, follow regular dusting with a swipe of a used dryer sheet to cut static and keep that dust away longer!
Easy ideas for combating dust at home! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos