Mrs. Fixit: Dusting Dilemmas
April 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dusting is one of those jobs that it seems like you can never keep up with, this is especially true if your home has forced air heating, which can spew dust from your duct work all through the house. I have some ideas to help!
Let's start with that forced air. Invest in good filters for your furnace. There are all different grades of filter, and there are many on the market that are designed specifically to reduce dust and allergens in your home.
You should also check the filter often, once it's clogged up with dust and dirt it's time for a new one!
In addition to the filter that goes in the furnace itself, you can get smaller filters that fit into wall and floor vents to cut the dust even more!
As far as the dusting itself, don't over do with a bunch of polishes and potions, they can cause excessive build-up that can actually attract dust.
A simple microfiber cloth or mitt is really all you need to sweep up that dust in no time.
For some extra dust repelling power, follow regular dusting with a swipe of a used dryer sheet to cut static and keep that dust away longer!
Easy ideas for combating dust at home! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ