Mrs. Fixit: Dusting Dilemmas
April 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dusting is one of those jobs that it seems like you can never keep up with, this is especially true if your home has forced air heating, which can spew dust from your duct work all through the house. I have some ideas to help!
Let's start with that forced air. Invest in good filters for your furnace. There are all different grades of filter, and there are many on the market that are designed specifically to reduce dust and allergens in your home.
You should also check the filter often, once it's clogged up with dust and dirt it's time for a new one!
In addition to the filter that goes in the furnace itself, you can get smaller filters that fit into wall and floor vents to cut the dust even more!
As far as the dusting itself, don't over do with a bunch of polishes and potions, they can cause excessive build-up that can actually attract dust.
A simple microfiber cloth or mitt is really all you need to sweep up that dust in no time.
For some extra dust repelling power, follow regular dusting with a swipe of a used dryer sheet to cut static and keep that dust away longer!
Easy ideas for combating dust at home! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 22 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos