Mrs. Fixit: Charging Center
May 06, 2012 (WPVI) -- It seemed like my family was using every available outlet to recharge their electronics, until I had one of those a-ha moments and took charge of the chaos.
I recently built a custom in drawer organizer for silverware so I no longer needed the old insert and as I was putting it in storage, it hit me this would make the perfect charging station.
The key to making sure this stays neat and can handle everything - are these little binder clips.
The cords will all plug into a power strip at the back so I need to run each cord along the divided inserts and to a spot where that item can be charged.
So, this section is for my son's portable gaming and his cell phone. Secure the cord along the side of the divider and then run the plug in part through the top of the clip so you don't need to dig around looking for it.
Then simply clip it over the side of the divider and place a label under the clip noting which device it goes to.
This way when the device is charging, you can simply plug it in and lay it in the divider.
Organized, out of the way and all in one place! Try it for yourself! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies 54 min ago