Mrs. Fixit: Organize Yourself
May 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Streamlining household information can help you organize and get things done a lot quicker around the house.
If you've ever had to call your internet provider or customer service support for electronics, you've probably had to crawl around looking for serial or model numbers or password and security keys.
Instead of waiting until you have a problem, copy all of those serial and model numbers and passcodes and type them into a document on your computer.
Add the customer service phone numbers and print a copy for your file. You'll be all set the next time you have a problem.
If anyone in your home has more than one doctor or multiple medications, have a list of medications, dosages, doctors and insurance information. This way if there's a question or an emergency, you won't have to fumble around to find the information.
The same goes for your household systems like heating & cooling, plumbing, electrical and appliances. Keep your information and repair people in one binder.
These few simple steps will help you streamline your information so it's right at your fingertips when you need it. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 5 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 39 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 47 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
39 min ago