Mrs. Fixit: Spoons
May 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Whether you got new silverware or have some old spoons lying around - I think you're going to love these ideas.
You can use a spoon to peel fresh ginger, the spoon gets into the little knobs better than any peeler or knife with very little waste.
Use a spoon to help remove a food spill from carpeting. The dull edge will lift the food without damaging the carpet.
Use some pliers to bend old spoons into a circle, the handle becomes a lovely napkin ring! Just slip your napkin right through the loop.
You can also turn a spoon into a hook. Use a metal drill bit to drill a hole through the spoon handle.
Then use your pliers to bend the spoon up into a hook and then use a screw to secure the spoon to the wall through your pre-drilled hole.
You could use this type of hook for coats, clothes, towels or even as a funky picture hook! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bear spotted in Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Video: Caught on tape: Huge tornado in Kansas
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list