Mrs. Fixit: Spoons
May 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Whether you got new silverware or have some old spoons lying around - I think you're going to love these ideas.
You can use a spoon to peel fresh ginger, the spoon gets into the little knobs better than any peeler or knife with very little waste.
Use a spoon to help remove a food spill from carpeting. The dull edge will lift the food without damaging the carpet.
Use some pliers to bend old spoons into a circle, the handle becomes a lovely napkin ring! Just slip your napkin right through the loop.
You can also turn a spoon into a hook. Use a metal drill bit to drill a hole through the spoon handle.
Then use your pliers to bend the spoon up into a hook and then use a screw to secure the spoon to the wall through your pre-drilled hole.
You could use this type of hook for coats, clothes, towels or even as a funky picture hook! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 58 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 47 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia