Mrs. Fixit: Deodorize with Citrus
May 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Citrus is a wonderful natural deodorizer, I have some easy ways you can put citrus to work around your home!
If you've baked fish or another strong odored meal and the smell is lingering in your oven, try this: slice a couple of lemons and put them on a foil lined baking sheet.
Bake the lemons at 200 degrees for an hour or so. The citrus will penetrate and eliminate the odors!
To freshen the microwave put a couple of slices of lemon in a mug of water and bring it to a boil.
Freeze some lemonade into ice cubes and store them in your freezer, any time your garbage disposal is smelling less than fresh, pop a couple of ice cubes into the disposal and grind them up. The ice and citrus will work together to scour and freshen the disposal.
Mix lemon juice and water and strain out any pulp and store it in a spray bottle. Spritz your garbage can with the mixture to absorb and remove orders.
Simmer citrus fruits on your stove top to remove airborne odors and fill the house with a fresh citrus smell!
Some easy ways you can use natural citrus to deodorize your home! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 46 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
46 min ago