Mrs. Fixit: Deodorize with Citrus
May 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Citrus is a wonderful natural deodorizer, I have some easy ways you can put citrus to work around your home!
If you've baked fish or another strong odored meal and the smell is lingering in your oven, try this: slice a couple of lemons and put them on a foil lined baking sheet.
Bake the lemons at 200 degrees for an hour or so. The citrus will penetrate and eliminate the odors!
To freshen the microwave put a couple of slices of lemon in a mug of water and bring it to a boil.
Freeze some lemonade into ice cubes and store them in your freezer, any time your garbage disposal is smelling less than fresh, pop a couple of ice cubes into the disposal and grind them up. The ice and citrus will work together to scour and freshen the disposal.
Mix lemon juice and water and strain out any pulp and store it in a spray bottle. Spritz your garbage can with the mixture to absorb and remove orders.
Simmer citrus fruits on your stove top to remove airborne odors and fill the house with a fresh citrus smell!
Some easy ways you can use natural citrus to deodorize your home! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 22 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 9 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
15 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
22 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
9 min ago