Mrs. Fixit: Footboard Coat Rack
May 27,2012 (WPVI) -- I've had this footboard leaning in my garage for ages, and the other day I saw beyond it's form - to function. I'm going to transform it into a coat rack.
Your finishing options on a project like this are endless - you can simply clean it up or you can really spruce it up to go with your décor.
I was thinking with this nice flat area I could paint it out with some chalk board paint and have a nice message board to go with my coat rack!
Once you've finished sprucing it up all you need to do is add some hooks. Look at the form of your footboard to dictate the hooks. You could use some classic coat hooks or even some door or cabinet knobs.
Measure it out to decide where you want your hooks, drill pilot holes for the screws and then secure your hooks to the frame.
Remember when choosing hangers for this coat rack that you need to take into consideration the weight of the footboard and the coats that you'll be hanging!
What a fun project from something I hadn't used in years! Try it for yourself! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney 19 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware 19 min ago
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Kick off to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore 16 min ago