Mrs. Fixit: Footboard Coat Rack
May 27,2012 (WPVI) -- I've had this footboard leaning in my garage for ages, and the other day I saw beyond it's form - to function. I'm going to transform it into a coat rack.
Your finishing options on a project like this are endless - you can simply clean it up or you can really spruce it up to go with your décor.
I was thinking with this nice flat area I could paint it out with some chalk board paint and have a nice message board to go with my coat rack!
Once you've finished sprucing it up all you need to do is add some hooks. Look at the form of your footboard to dictate the hooks. You could use some classic coat hooks or even some door or cabinet knobs.
Measure it out to decide where you want your hooks, drill pilot holes for the screws and then secure your hooks to the frame.
Remember when choosing hangers for this coat rack that you need to take into consideration the weight of the footboard and the coats that you'll be hanging!
What a fun project from something I hadn't used in years! Try it for yourself! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police-involved shooting in Southwest Philadelphia
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 23 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos