Mrs. Fixit: Footboard Coat Rack
May 27,2012 (WPVI) -- I've had this footboard leaning in my garage for ages, and the other day I saw beyond it's form - to function. I'm going to transform it into a coat rack.
Your finishing options on a project like this are endless - you can simply clean it up or you can really spruce it up to go with your décor.
I was thinking with this nice flat area I could paint it out with some chalk board paint and have a nice message board to go with my coat rack!
Once you've finished sprucing it up all you need to do is add some hooks. Look at the form of your footboard to dictate the hooks. You could use some classic coat hooks or even some door or cabinet knobs.
Measure it out to decide where you want your hooks, drill pilot holes for the screws and then secure your hooks to the frame.
Remember when choosing hangers for this coat rack that you need to take into consideration the weight of the footboard and the coats that you'll be hanging!
What a fun project from something I hadn't used in years! Try it for yourself! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 27 min ago
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Teen wounded in Point Breeze shooting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Protests overshadow Mayor's budget address
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
27 min ago