Mrs. Fixit: Footboard Coat Rack
May 27,2012 (WPVI) -- I've had this footboard leaning in my garage for ages, and the other day I saw beyond it's form - to function. I'm going to transform it into a coat rack.
Your finishing options on a project like this are endless - you can simply clean it up or you can really spruce it up to go with your décor.
I was thinking with this nice flat area I could paint it out with some chalk board paint and have a nice message board to go with my coat rack!
Once you've finished sprucing it up all you need to do is add some hooks. Look at the form of your footboard to dictate the hooks. You could use some classic coat hooks or even some door or cabinet knobs.
Measure it out to decide where you want your hooks, drill pilot holes for the screws and then secure your hooks to the frame.
Remember when choosing hangers for this coat rack that you need to take into consideration the weight of the footboard and the coats that you'll be hanging!
What a fun project from something I hadn't used in years! Try it for yourself! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- London theater balcony believed to have collapsed 10 min ago
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos