Mrs. Fixit: Footboard Coat Rack
May 27,2012 (WPVI) -- I've had this footboard leaning in my garage for ages, and the other day I saw beyond it's form - to function. I'm going to transform it into a coat rack.
Your finishing options on a project like this are endless - you can simply clean it up or you can really spruce it up to go with your décor.
I was thinking with this nice flat area I could paint it out with some chalk board paint and have a nice message board to go with my coat rack!
Once you've finished sprucing it up all you need to do is add some hooks. Look at the form of your footboard to dictate the hooks. You could use some classic coat hooks or even some door or cabinet knobs.
Measure it out to decide where you want your hooks, drill pilot holes for the screws and then secure your hooks to the frame.
Remember when choosing hangers for this coat rack that you need to take into consideration the weight of the footboard and the coats that you'll be hanging!
What a fun project from something I hadn't used in years! Try it for yourself! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose