Mrs. Fixit: Homemade Oxygen Cleaner
June 09, 2012 (WPVI) -- I really like the oxygen cleaner that you add to the laundry, it fights stains and boosts the power of my detergent, but i don't really like the price. I have a homemade alternative that you're going to love.
All you need to make this stain fighter is hydrogen peroxide and baking soda! That's a total of maybe two dollars!
To make a spray on stain fighter, all you need to do is mix together equal parts of the two ingredients into a spray bottle.
Swirl it around to dissolve the baking soda and spray it directly on stains.
Make sure that you store this cleaner in a cabinet because hydrogen peroxide can lose it's effectiveness when exposed to the light - that's why it's sold in a brown bottle!
To make a presoak for clothes mix two parts water to one part of baking soda and peroxide, then soak your items.
This cleaner is the perfect choice for all sorts of stains and fabrics. Just make sure that you check an inconspicuous spot like an inside hem if you're concerned about the fabric or color-fastness!
Fighting stains and saving money, I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 18 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 2 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News 26 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 14 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 20 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
18 min ago