Mrs. Fixit: Homemade Oxygen Cleaner
June 09, 2012 (WPVI) -- I really like the oxygen cleaner that you add to the laundry, it fights stains and boosts the power of my detergent, but i don't really like the price. I have a homemade alternative that you're going to love.
All you need to make this stain fighter is hydrogen peroxide and baking soda! That's a total of maybe two dollars!
To make a spray on stain fighter, all you need to do is mix together equal parts of the two ingredients into a spray bottle.
Swirl it around to dissolve the baking soda and spray it directly on stains.
Make sure that you store this cleaner in a cabinet because hydrogen peroxide can lose it's effectiveness when exposed to the light - that's why it's sold in a brown bottle!
To make a presoak for clothes mix two parts water to one part of baking soda and peroxide, then soak your items.
This cleaner is the perfect choice for all sorts of stains and fabrics. Just make sure that you check an inconspicuous spot like an inside hem if you're concerned about the fabric or color-fastness!
Fighting stains and saving money, I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 30 min ago
- Milder Monday 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 30 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 30 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 2 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 30 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
30 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
30 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
8 min ago
- Milder Monday
1 min ago