Mrs. Fixit: Reusing T-shirts
June 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- T-shirts and tank tops are one of those things that just seems to multiply left and right. I have a few clever ways to clear out the closet and reuse those shirts!
How about wall art? Stretch t-shirts over frames and secure in the back with staples or tacks. Instant art that your kids can really appreciate!
You could also make a pillow cover. Turn the shirt inside out and fold the sleeves and collar in, securing with pins. Leave the bottom open.
Sew a few quick seams to box out the collar and sleeves and then flip the shirt right side out, slip the pillow inside and fold the bottom in place. Then sew a seam across the bottom.
To make this a no sew project, simply place a pillow form inside the shirt and fold away the sleeves and collar and knot off the four corners hiding the "holes."
Make a tote bag from your tank tops by turning them inside out and pinning the bottom seam together to hold it in place. Then, run a new seam along the bottom edge.
Turn the tank inside out and the sleeves make instant handles for your tote!
To embellish any of these projects, take strips of an old t-shirt and twist them into simple flowers and sew or glue them in place!
For a full tutorial on the flowers - check me out on the web! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 7 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 18 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos