Mrs. Fixit: Out of The Box Side And Accent Tables
June 24, 20120 (WPVI) -- Sometimes it's fun to break with convention and find something new and different to use as an accent in your home - I have some ideas for tables.
I needed a small table between two arm chairs in a small sitting area - so I grabbed a cast iron urn from my garden. I cleaned it up and added a decorative glass topper for an instant accent that is a real conversation piece. In my son's room, I paired the base of an old footstool that I had spruced up with some paint with some vintage suitcases. I think it's a great masculine look! That gives him some extra storage too! I don't have room in here for a coffee table and a footstool for the couch - so I am using an ottoman and a tray for a two fold solution to the problem. If we want to put our feet up, simply move the tray! I found this great old safe at a flea market one day - I love the way it looks in this office as a side table! See, some great looks for your home with ideas that are a little unconventional! Try some of these ideas at your home - or let me know what you've used! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 27 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 51 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 8 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
55 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
27 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos