Mrs. Fixit: Out of The Box Side And Accent Tables
June 24, 20120 (WPVI) -- Sometimes it's fun to break with convention and find something new and different to use as an accent in your home - I have some ideas for tables.
I needed a small table between two arm chairs in a small sitting area - so I grabbed a cast iron urn from my garden. I cleaned it up and added a decorative glass topper for an instant accent that is a real conversation piece. In my son's room, I paired the base of an old footstool that I had spruced up with some paint with some vintage suitcases. I think it's a great masculine look! That gives him some extra storage too! I don't have room in here for a coffee table and a footstool for the couch - so I am using an ottoman and a tray for a two fold solution to the problem. If we want to put our feet up, simply move the tray! I found this great old safe at a flea market one day - I love the way it looks in this office as a side table! See, some great looks for your home with ideas that are a little unconventional! Try some of these ideas at your home - or let me know what you've used! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 54 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos