Mrs. Fixit: Paper Towel Stand
July 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- I reuse these decorative cheese domes that I pick up at tag sales and flea markets all the time, but I never use the bases - I have a fun way to put the base to good use I'm going to turn it into a paper towel stand by adding a couple of extra elements.
I am using a base and a one inch dowel cut slightly longer than the height of a roll of paper towels. Lightly sand and paint the two elements to match your kitchen.
Once the piece is dry, flip it over and drill a hole through the base so that you can place a screw up through the bottom to secure the dowel in place.
Put the screw in place and twist the dowel onto the screw. Most wood dowels are made of softer wood so you should be able to easily secure it to the base.
When the two pieces are together you can find a fun knob or finial to twist onto the top to finish out the top and add a decorative element to the piece.
I love the way this looks and it cost next to nothing to make! Try it for yourself. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 49 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 46 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 44 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 40 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 45 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 39 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
44 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
46 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's...
49 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
42 min ago