Mrs. Fixit: Paper Towel Stand
July 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- I reuse these decorative cheese domes that I pick up at tag sales and flea markets all the time, but I never use the bases - I have a fun way to put the base to good use I'm going to turn it into a paper towel stand by adding a couple of extra elements.
I am using a base and a one inch dowel cut slightly longer than the height of a roll of paper towels. Lightly sand and paint the two elements to match your kitchen.
Once the piece is dry, flip it over and drill a hole through the base so that you can place a screw up through the bottom to secure the dowel in place.
Put the screw in place and twist the dowel onto the screw. Most wood dowels are made of softer wood so you should be able to easily secure it to the base.
When the two pieces are together you can find a fun knob or finial to twist onto the top to finish out the top and add a decorative element to the piece.
I love the way this looks and it cost next to nothing to make! Try it for yourself. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 30 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 17 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ