Mrs. Fixit: Unconventional Shoe Storage
July 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you're looking for some extra shoe storage, I have some unconventional ideas that may help you out with your shoe obsession!!
Consider hanging tall boots. Use a clamp type pants hanger to hold the boots together and simply hang them from a tension rod in an out of the way spot. This ensures that the boots don't flop over and become creased.
Need to store some flip flops or other lightweight flats? Bend a wire hanger up to form two arms and simply slip the sandals over the arms and you're all set.
Turn a shelving unit into shoe storage by positioning the shelf supports to that the shelves tilt forward. Then add a piece of molding to the front of the shelf to act as a stop.
You can get a ton of storage in a small amount of space with just those minor adjustments.
If you don't have a shelving unit, try attaching some crown molding to the wall. The profile of the molding will allow you to slip heels over it and hold the shoes in place!
Just a few simple ideas to keep your shoe storage under control! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 58 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 55 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 53 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 49 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 54 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 48 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
53 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
55 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's...
58 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
51 min ago