Mrs. Fixit: Unconventional Shoe Storage
July 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you're looking for some extra shoe storage, I have some unconventional ideas that may help you out with your shoe obsession!!
Consider hanging tall boots. Use a clamp type pants hanger to hold the boots together and simply hang them from a tension rod in an out of the way spot. This ensures that the boots don't flop over and become creased.
Need to store some flip flops or other lightweight flats? Bend a wire hanger up to form two arms and simply slip the sandals over the arms and you're all set.
Turn a shelving unit into shoe storage by positioning the shelf supports to that the shelves tilt forward. Then add a piece of molding to the front of the shelf to act as a stop.
You can get a ton of storage in a small amount of space with just those minor adjustments.
If you don't have a shelving unit, try attaching some crown molding to the wall. The profile of the molding will allow you to slip heels over it and hold the shoes in place!
Just a few simple ideas to keep your shoe storage under control! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book