Mrs. Fixit: Unconventional Shoe Storage
July 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you're looking for some extra shoe storage, I have some unconventional ideas that may help you out with your shoe obsession!!
Consider hanging tall boots. Use a clamp type pants hanger to hold the boots together and simply hang them from a tension rod in an out of the way spot. This ensures that the boots don't flop over and become creased.
Need to store some flip flops or other lightweight flats? Bend a wire hanger up to form two arms and simply slip the sandals over the arms and you're all set.
Turn a shelving unit into shoe storage by positioning the shelf supports to that the shelves tilt forward. Then add a piece of molding to the front of the shelf to act as a stop.
You can get a ton of storage in a small amount of space with just those minor adjustments.
If you don't have a shelving unit, try attaching some crown molding to the wall. The profile of the molding will allow you to slip heels over it and hold the shoes in place!
Just a few simple ideas to keep your shoe storage under control! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson
- Penn State penalities from Sandusky case argued 51 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa.
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos