Mrs. Fixit: Reuse It In The Garden
July 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- With summer upon us, working in the yard and garden is inevitable! I have some items that you can recycle from your home to the garden!
Empty milk jugs or juice bottles make great watering cans. Use a nail to poke holes in the lid of the jug and fill it with water.
Your new sprinkler spout makes it easy to direct the water right where you need it.
What to do with your old phonebook when the new one is delivered? Move it to the garden. Rip pages out ten or so at a time and lay the stacks down, overlapping around plants.
The pages will act as a natural weed barrier and as the paper breaks down it will feed the soil.
To label your plants and flowers, use a permanent marker to mark the name of the plant on disposable silverware - spoons and knives work best. Once they're labeled, stick the end of the utensil into the soil.
Just a few handy reuses for items around your home! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 54 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
24 min ago