Mrs. Fixit: Tissue Pom Poms
August 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Its seems like spring and summer have parties and celebrations left and right - but decorating for these events can get pricey - fast! I have a solution!
Tissue paper can easily be fashioned into pom poms big and small all you need is some craft wire to hold them together.
For a big pom, use ten to twelve sheets of full sheets of tissue. Stack them up and then fold them into an accordian, each fold should be about and inch and a half to two inches wide.
Wrap a length of floral wire around the center of the accordian crimping it in slightly.
Then with scissors round off the bottom of each end of the tissue accordian.
From here, all you need to do is carefully separate the layers of tissue - puffing them up into a ball shape.
For smaller versions, cut the tissue into smaller squares and repeat the process adjusting the size of the folds as necessary.
Hang them from the ceiling, string them together, make them in any size or shape you need, they're an easy and inexpensive alternative to pricey party decorations! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands