Mrs. Fixit: Tissue Pom Poms
August 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Its seems like spring and summer have parties and celebrations left and right - but decorating for these events can get pricey - fast! I have a solution!
Tissue paper can easily be fashioned into pom poms big and small all you need is some craft wire to hold them together.
For a big pom, use ten to twelve sheets of full sheets of tissue. Stack them up and then fold them into an accordian, each fold should be about and inch and a half to two inches wide.
Wrap a length of floral wire around the center of the accordian crimping it in slightly.
Then with scissors round off the bottom of each end of the tissue accordian.
From here, all you need to do is carefully separate the layers of tissue - puffing them up into a ball shape.
For smaller versions, cut the tissue into smaller squares and repeat the process adjusting the size of the folds as necessary.
Hang them from the ceiling, string them together, make them in any size or shape you need, they're an easy and inexpensive alternative to pricey party decorations! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 21 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
21 min ago