Mrs. Fixit: Tissue Pom Poms
August 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Its seems like spring and summer have parties and celebrations left and right - but decorating for these events can get pricey - fast! I have a solution!
Tissue paper can easily be fashioned into pom poms big and small all you need is some craft wire to hold them together.
For a big pom, use ten to twelve sheets of full sheets of tissue. Stack them up and then fold them into an accordian, each fold should be about and inch and a half to two inches wide.
Wrap a length of floral wire around the center of the accordian crimping it in slightly.
Then with scissors round off the bottom of each end of the tissue accordian.
From here, all you need to do is carefully separate the layers of tissue - puffing them up into a ball shape.
For smaller versions, cut the tissue into smaller squares and repeat the process adjusting the size of the folds as necessary.
Hang them from the ceiling, string them together, make them in any size or shape you need, they're an easy and inexpensive alternative to pricey party decorations! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle 59 min ago
- Philadelphia couple stabbed in their home, son arrested 32 min ago
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot 53 min ago
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos