Mrs. Fixit: Tissue Pom Poms
August 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Its seems like spring and summer have parties and celebrations left and right - but decorating for these events can get pricey - fast! I have a solution!
Tissue paper can easily be fashioned into pom poms big and small all you need is some craft wire to hold them together.
For a big pom, use ten to twelve sheets of full sheets of tissue. Stack them up and then fold them into an accordian, each fold should be about and inch and a half to two inches wide.
Wrap a length of floral wire around the center of the accordian crimping it in slightly.
Then with scissors round off the bottom of each end of the tissue accordian.
From here, all you need to do is carefully separate the layers of tissue - puffing them up into a ball shape.
For smaller versions, cut the tissue into smaller squares and repeat the process adjusting the size of the folds as necessary.
Hang them from the ceiling, string them together, make them in any size or shape you need, they're an easy and inexpensive alternative to pricey party decorations! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ