Mrs. Fixit: Acrylic Tub Care
September 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- To me, acrylic tubs seem to hold onto dirt and soaps more than cast iron or enamel tubs, I have a solution if you find yourself in the same boat.
The key to cleaning vinyl or acrylic tubs and showers is to remove dirt and grease without leaving behind a residue that can damage the finish and leave it looking dull.
Start with half a gallon of hot water and mix in a quarter cup of vinegar, a quarter cup of rubbing alcohol and a couple of squirts of dish soap.
Start cleaning the tub. The dishsoap acts as a degreaser to break up body oils and lotions while the rubbing alcohol works to disinfect.
Finally, the vinegar will break up soap residue so it rinses away clean.
Once the tub is sufficiently scrubbed, rinse it with clean, hot water. That's all that you need to do to keep your acrylic tub looking it's best.
Such a simple mixture to keep my acrylic tub looking great! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish