Mrs. Fixit: Acrylic Tub Care
September 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- To me, acrylic tubs seem to hold onto dirt and soaps more than cast iron or enamel tubs, I have a solution if you find yourself in the same boat.
The key to cleaning vinyl or acrylic tubs and showers is to remove dirt and grease without leaving behind a residue that can damage the finish and leave it looking dull.
Start with half a gallon of hot water and mix in a quarter cup of vinegar, a quarter cup of rubbing alcohol and a couple of squirts of dish soap.
Start cleaning the tub. The dishsoap acts as a degreaser to break up body oils and lotions while the rubbing alcohol works to disinfect.
Finally, the vinegar will break up soap residue so it rinses away clean.
Once the tub is sufficiently scrubbed, rinse it with clean, hot water. That's all that you need to do to keep your acrylic tub looking it's best.
Such a simple mixture to keep my acrylic tub looking great! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand 5 min ago
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia 3 min ago
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 1 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
5 min ago