Mrs. Fixit: Acrylic Tub Care
September 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- To me, acrylic tubs seem to hold onto dirt and soaps more than cast iron or enamel tubs, I have a solution if you find yourself in the same boat.
The key to cleaning vinyl or acrylic tubs and showers is to remove dirt and grease without leaving behind a residue that can damage the finish and leave it looking dull.
Start with half a gallon of hot water and mix in a quarter cup of vinegar, a quarter cup of rubbing alcohol and a couple of squirts of dish soap.
Start cleaning the tub. The dishsoap acts as a degreaser to break up body oils and lotions while the rubbing alcohol works to disinfect.
Finally, the vinegar will break up soap residue so it rinses away clean.
Once the tub is sufficiently scrubbed, rinse it with clean, hot water. That's all that you need to do to keep your acrylic tub looking it's best.
Such a simple mixture to keep my acrylic tub looking great! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 42 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 41 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 18 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
41 min ago