Mrs. Fixit: Acrylic Tub Care
September 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- To me, acrylic tubs seem to hold onto dirt and soaps more than cast iron or enamel tubs, I have a solution if you find yourself in the same boat.
The key to cleaning vinyl or acrylic tubs and showers is to remove dirt and grease without leaving behind a residue that can damage the finish and leave it looking dull.
Start with half a gallon of hot water and mix in a quarter cup of vinegar, a quarter cup of rubbing alcohol and a couple of squirts of dish soap.
Start cleaning the tub. The dishsoap acts as a degreaser to break up body oils and lotions while the rubbing alcohol works to disinfect.
Finally, the vinegar will break up soap residue so it rinses away clean.
Once the tub is sufficiently scrubbed, rinse it with clean, hot water. That's all that you need to do to keep your acrylic tub looking it's best.
Such a simple mixture to keep my acrylic tub looking great! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 8 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 41 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber