Mrs. Fixit: Lampshade Mobile
September 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Looking beyond function to form I am going to turn this ratty old lampshade into an adorable mobile for a kid's room!
The first step is to remove all of the old fabric and trim from the shade so that you're left with the wire frame.
Once you're down to the bare bones you can either wrap the frame in ribbon, decoupage it with decorative paper or spray paint it to coordinate with the room.
Once you've got the frame set, you just need to decide what to display on it. You could use paper or picture cut outs, beads, small toys or anything else that strikes you!
If you don't want anything dangling down, attach pictures directly to the frame with some clothespins or other decorative clips.
I mounted these pictures to some cardstock so that they keep their shape and don't curl at the edges.
All that's left to do is hang it up! Keep in mind if you're using this in a baby's room you should keep it well out of the reach of the baby and make sure that all of the items are securely attached!
A great new use for something that was headed for the trash! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 6 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 45 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 25 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
45 min ago