Mrs. Fixit: Homemade dishwasher detergent
September 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you'd like to save some money and know exactly what you're washing your dishes with, I have a homemade automatic dishwasher detergent.
This detergent is easy to make and you may already have the ingredients to need, borax and washing soda!
Pour equal part washing soda and borax into a plastic pitcher with a small spout, this will make it easier for you to pour. Once they're both in there, seal the top and shake it well to incorporate the ingredients - then label the pitcher so every knows what's in there.
That's it - all you need to do is add the same amount of the homemade version as you would the commercial version.
While you're saving money on the detergent, keep it going and forget the expensive rinse aid - add straight white vinegar to the reservoir instead. It will help rinse and clean the dishwasher with each use!
Just a couple of easy ways to give you peace of mind and a little more green in your pocket when doing the dishes! Try it for yourself! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 42 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 12 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 54 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 22 min ago
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 4 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 50 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 36 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
35 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos