Mrs. Fixit: Homemade dishwasher detergent
September 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you'd like to save some money and know exactly what you're washing your dishes with, I have a homemade automatic dishwasher detergent.
This detergent is easy to make and you may already have the ingredients to need, borax and washing soda!
Pour equal part washing soda and borax into a plastic pitcher with a small spout, this will make it easier for you to pour. Once they're both in there, seal the top and shake it well to incorporate the ingredients - then label the pitcher so every knows what's in there.
That's it - all you need to do is add the same amount of the homemade version as you would the commercial version.
While you're saving money on the detergent, keep it going and forget the expensive rinse aid - add straight white vinegar to the reservoir instead. It will help rinse and clean the dishwasher with each use!
Just a couple of easy ways to give you peace of mind and a little more green in your pocket when doing the dishes! Try it for yourself! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief 34 min ago
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas 53 min ago
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment 52 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery 25 min ago
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra