Mrs. Fixit: Weeds In The Walkway
September 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you have weeds growing up out of your walkways - I have an easy solution to help tackle them - and you probably have the ingredients in your kitchen!!
You'll need a spray bottle, some canning vinegar, table salt and dish soap.
Warm two cups of vinegar in the microwave for about a minute - you're using canning vinegar because it has a higher acid content than regular white vinegar.
Stir a half a cup of salt into the vinegar until it's dissolved. then add a squirt of dish soap to the mixture and pour it all into your spray bottle.
Now, take it out and saturate the weeds. You want to spray enough that you see the entire area around the weeds soaked.
Now let it sit for about an hour. The ingredients will work together to shrivel and loosen those weeds.
When the hour has passed you will be able to see that the weeds have shriveled up, use a push broom to easily remove them from the walkway!
That's all there is to it - natural weed control right from the kitchen. Try it for yourself, I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run