Mrs. Fixit: Weeds In The Walkway
September 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you have weeds growing up out of your walkways - I have an easy solution to help tackle them - and you probably have the ingredients in your kitchen!!
You'll need a spray bottle, some canning vinegar, table salt and dish soap.
Warm two cups of vinegar in the microwave for about a minute - you're using canning vinegar because it has a higher acid content than regular white vinegar.
Stir a half a cup of salt into the vinegar until it's dissolved. then add a squirt of dish soap to the mixture and pour it all into your spray bottle.
Now, take it out and saturate the weeds. You want to spray enough that you see the entire area around the weeds soaked.
Now let it sit for about an hour. The ingredients will work together to shrivel and loosen those weeds.
When the hour has passed you will be able to see that the weeds have shriveled up, use a push broom to easily remove them from the walkway!
That's all there is to it - natural weed control right from the kitchen. Try it for yourself, I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 38 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 56 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ