Mrs. Fixit: Weeds In The Walkway
September 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you have weeds growing up out of your walkways - I have an easy solution to help tackle them - and you probably have the ingredients in your kitchen!!
You'll need a spray bottle, some canning vinegar, table salt and dish soap.
Warm two cups of vinegar in the microwave for about a minute - you're using canning vinegar because it has a higher acid content than regular white vinegar.
Stir a half a cup of salt into the vinegar until it's dissolved. then add a squirt of dish soap to the mixture and pour it all into your spray bottle.
Now, take it out and saturate the weeds. You want to spray enough that you see the entire area around the weeds soaked.
Now let it sit for about an hour. The ingredients will work together to shrivel and loosen those weeds.
When the hour has passed you will be able to see that the weeds have shriveled up, use a push broom to easily remove them from the walkway!
That's all there is to it - natural weed control right from the kitchen. Try it for yourself, I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 13 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 11 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos