Mrs. Fixit: Homemade Fabric Softener
September 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A while back, I shared a recipe for homemade laundry detergent and you guys said you loved it. Well, now I have one for a homemade fabric softener.
To make this concoction, you'll need hair conditioner, white vinegar and water. That's it!
In a large bowl, combine a cup of hair conditioner, a cup and a half of white vinegar and 3 cups of hot water.
Use a whisk to combine the ingredients. you want to mix until all of the lumps of the conditioner are smoothed out.
Transfer the mixture into a bottle you can seal up and you're done.
All you have to do is use a quarter cup of fabric softener per load, and you're all set.
One of the things I really like about this recipe is that you can easily find a scent that appeals to you for your laundry because conditioners come in so many scents.
I bought this vinegar and hair conditioner at a local discount store, and there's enough left for a second batch. Which means that this fabric softener cost me less than a dollar! You can't beat that!
I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 17 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests