Mrs. Fixit: Homemade Fabric Softener
September 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A while back, I shared a recipe for homemade laundry detergent and you guys said you loved it. Well, now I have one for a homemade fabric softener.
To make this concoction, you'll need hair conditioner, white vinegar and water. That's it!
In a large bowl, combine a cup of hair conditioner, a cup and a half of white vinegar and 3 cups of hot water.
Use a whisk to combine the ingredients. you want to mix until all of the lumps of the conditioner are smoothed out.
Transfer the mixture into a bottle you can seal up and you're done.
All you have to do is use a quarter cup of fabric softener per load, and you're all set.
One of the things I really like about this recipe is that you can easily find a scent that appeals to you for your laundry because conditioners come in so many scents.
I bought this vinegar and hair conditioner at a local discount store, and there's enough left for a second batch. Which means that this fabric softener cost me less than a dollar! You can't beat that!
I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed