Mrs. Fixit: Homemade Fabric Softener
September 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A while back, I shared a recipe for homemade laundry detergent and you guys said you loved it. Well, now I have one for a homemade fabric softener.
To make this concoction, you'll need hair conditioner, white vinegar and water. That's it!
In a large bowl, combine a cup of hair conditioner, a cup and a half of white vinegar and 3 cups of hot water.
Use a whisk to combine the ingredients. you want to mix until all of the lumps of the conditioner are smoothed out.
Transfer the mixture into a bottle you can seal up and you're done.
All you have to do is use a quarter cup of fabric softener per load, and you're all set.
One of the things I really like about this recipe is that you can easily find a scent that appeals to you for your laundry because conditioners come in so many scents.
I bought this vinegar and hair conditioner at a local discount store, and there's enough left for a second batch. Which means that this fabric softener cost me less than a dollar! You can't beat that!
I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia
- Clouds to sun, cool today 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 24 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 45 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 53 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 56 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
49 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
46 min ago