Mrs. Fixit: Homemade Fabric Softener
September 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A while back, I shared a recipe for homemade laundry detergent and you guys said you loved it. Well, now I have one for a homemade fabric softener.
To make this concoction, you'll need hair conditioner, white vinegar and water. That's it!
In a large bowl, combine a cup of hair conditioner, a cup and a half of white vinegar and 3 cups of hot water.
Use a whisk to combine the ingredients. you want to mix until all of the lumps of the conditioner are smoothed out.
Transfer the mixture into a bottle you can seal up and you're done.
All you have to do is use a quarter cup of fabric softener per load, and you're all set.
One of the things I really like about this recipe is that you can easily find a scent that appeals to you for your laundry because conditioners come in so many scents.
I bought this vinegar and hair conditioner at a local discount store, and there's enough left for a second batch. Which means that this fabric softener cost me less than a dollar! You can't beat that!
I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 11 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 9 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad