Mrs. Fixit: Vinyl Floor Care
September 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you have vinyl flooring in your home, I have some easy care tips to keep it looking it's best.
Little dirt and sand particles will get ground into the surface of the vinyl dulling and scuffing it over time.
Use a soft bristled broom or a static sweeper to go over the floor daily to get rid of those gritty messes.
Don't let spills sit on vinyl. Acids and oils can eat away at vinyl if left to sit there, so use a damp cloth to wipe them up right away.
If you have vinyl in the bathroom and have residue from hairspray particles, try using a mild shampoo and warm water to remove it.
Shampoo is gentle enough that it won't harm the floors and it cleans the hairspray from your hair - right!
For everyday cleaning, use a diluted solution of mild soap and water on a damp mop. Make sure that you don't over wet the floor as you work.
Standing water on flooring will seep into tiny cracks and around edges and cause the adhesive to loosen and the floor to curl.
That's about it, some easy ways to keep your vinyl flooring looking it's best. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 56 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos