Mrs. Fixit: Uses for leftover wine
September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Leftover wine from a party doesn't have to go to waste. I have some creative ideas to put that wine to work!
You can pour wine into an ice cube tray and freeze it. Anytime you need a little extra flavor in your cooking, you can pop a cube in for a boost!
Save white wine for treating red wine stains. The next time some red wine is spilled, just pour some white wine over it to help keep the stain from setting.
Pour about an inch of wine into a narrow neck vase and leave it on the counter. This trap will lure fruit flies in but they won't be able to get back out.
Feeling crafty? Try using some wine as a fabric dye. Heat some red wine to a simmer and dip your fabric in.
Let it sit for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Then let it cool completely and rinse well with cool water to set the color.
Once the bottles are empty, you can use them inside tall boots to keep them standing upright and not get creased.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 32 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos