Mrs. Fixit: Uses for leftover wine
September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Leftover wine from a party doesn't have to go to waste. I have some creative ideas to put that wine to work!
You can pour wine into an ice cube tray and freeze it. Anytime you need a little extra flavor in your cooking, you can pop a cube in for a boost!
Save white wine for treating red wine stains. The next time some red wine is spilled, just pour some white wine over it to help keep the stain from setting.
Pour about an inch of wine into a narrow neck vase and leave it on the counter. This trap will lure fruit flies in but they won't be able to get back out.
Feeling crafty? Try using some wine as a fabric dye. Heat some red wine to a simmer and dip your fabric in.
Let it sit for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Then let it cool completely and rinse well with cool water to set the color.
Once the bottles are empty, you can use them inside tall boots to keep them standing upright and not get creased.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 26 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 26 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 13 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 24 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 23 min ago
- Sandusky lawyer sued over $25,000 credit card debt 28 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in...
23 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
26 min ago