Mrs. Fixit: Campfire Classics
October 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A campfire is a summertime classic, I have some handy hints to make it a little easier to get that fire going.
Don't get yourself dirty carrying wood to the fire, grab a reuseable shopping bag and some scissors.
Cut the two sides of the bag off, leaving the sides with the straps in place, lay the bag flat and you have a strong and sturdy carrier for fire logs.
If you always have trouble lighting a fire, try making some homemade firestarters.
Take an empty paper towel or toilet paper tube and stuff a cupcake wrapper in one end to make and end cap, then fill the tube with scraps of fabric or paper and seal the other end the same way.
If you don't have any tp or paper towel tubes handy try a paper plate, think of it as a firestarter burrito, line up your paper or fabric and roll the plate around the items, folding in the ends after the first couple of rolls.
Once you have your fire built, if you only have small matches and can't seem to light your fire, try lighting a taper candle and using it to reach into the logs to light your firestarters.
They'll burn longer so the logs have a chance to catch up - now all I need is some marshmallows! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby 16 min ago
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found 34 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House