Mrs. Fixit: Campfire Classics
October 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A campfire is a summertime classic, I have some handy hints to make it a little easier to get that fire going.
Don't get yourself dirty carrying wood to the fire, grab a reuseable shopping bag and some scissors.
Cut the two sides of the bag off, leaving the sides with the straps in place, lay the bag flat and you have a strong and sturdy carrier for fire logs.
If you always have trouble lighting a fire, try making some homemade firestarters.
Take an empty paper towel or toilet paper tube and stuff a cupcake wrapper in one end to make and end cap, then fill the tube with scraps of fabric or paper and seal the other end the same way.
If you don't have any tp or paper towel tubes handy try a paper plate, think of it as a firestarter burrito, line up your paper or fabric and roll the plate around the items, folding in the ends after the first couple of rolls.
Once you have your fire built, if you only have small matches and can't seem to light your fire, try lighting a taper candle and using it to reach into the logs to light your firestarters.
They'll burn longer so the logs have a chance to catch up - now all I need is some marshmallows! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 56 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 26 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos