Mrs. Fixit: Remove Vinyl Floor
October 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you've been living with vinyl flooring that you don't like I can show you how to remove it quickly and easily! Grab some work gloves, safety glasses let's get to work!
Use a utility knife to cut the vinyl into one foot sections across the length and the width, be careful not to damage the subfloor.
Wedge a putty knife under the corner of one of the sections and pull up the vinyl using the knife to break up any adhesive as you work. Repeat the process over the entire floor.
Once you've got t he flooring up, you can use a mixture of a couple of teaspoons of dish soap and some warm water in a spray bottle and spray it over any remaining adhesive to loosen it up, use a putty knife to scrape it off.
If your floors were put in prior to the 1980's call an asbestos removal company because vinyl flooring manufactured before the 1980's contained asbestos. Now you're all set to add your new flooring. I'm Mrs. FIXIT and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 11 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 26 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 24 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 16 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos