Mrs. Fixit: Remove Vinyl Floor
October 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you've been living with vinyl flooring that you don't like I can show you how to remove it quickly and easily! Grab some work gloves, safety glasses let's get to work!
Use a utility knife to cut the vinyl into one foot sections across the length and the width, be careful not to damage the subfloor.
Wedge a putty knife under the corner of one of the sections and pull up the vinyl using the knife to break up any adhesive as you work. Repeat the process over the entire floor.
Once you've got t he flooring up, you can use a mixture of a couple of teaspoons of dish soap and some warm water in a spray bottle and spray it over any remaining adhesive to loosen it up, use a putty knife to scrape it off.
If your floors were put in prior to the 1980's call an asbestos removal company because vinyl flooring manufactured before the 1980's contained asbestos. Now you're all set to add your new flooring. I'm Mrs. FIXIT and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school 5 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend