Mrs. Fixit: Remove Vinyl Floor
October 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you've been living with vinyl flooring that you don't like I can show you how to remove it quickly and easily! Grab some work gloves, safety glasses let's get to work!
Use a utility knife to cut the vinyl into one foot sections across the length and the width, be careful not to damage the subfloor.
Wedge a putty knife under the corner of one of the sections and pull up the vinyl using the knife to break up any adhesive as you work. Repeat the process over the entire floor.
Once you've got t he flooring up, you can use a mixture of a couple of teaspoons of dish soap and some warm water in a spray bottle and spray it over any remaining adhesive to loosen it up, use a putty knife to scrape it off.
If your floors were put in prior to the 1980's call an asbestos removal company because vinyl flooring manufactured before the 1980's contained asbestos. Now you're all set to add your new flooring. I'm Mrs. FIXIT and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Snow today, heavy at times 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in Norristown 12 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
21 min ago