Mrs. Fixit: Laying Ceramic Tile
October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Laying ceramic tile on a bathroom floor is a big job, but I can show you how to do it, step by step!
Generally when you're starting a tile job you want to find the centerpoint of your room by snapping chalk lines at the centerpoint of each wall.
In my case I am tiling a small bathroom and I want a full tile line at the edge of the bathtub, so I am going to start by the bathtub and work my way out from there.
Spread a layer of thinset onto the floor with a notched trowel large enough for a sheet of tile, and lay it in place. Press it lightly into the thinset and use a level to be sure that it is perfectly even.
Continue this process working out from the tub and back toward the door. Space your sheets apart the same distance as the tile on your mosaic sheets.
When you get to the walls, toilet flanges or outlets, you can pop tiles off of the sheets and cut them mesh with a utility knife. If you need to cut individuals tile use a tile saw or nippers.
Once all of the tile sheets are in place - keep people off of the floors for twenty-four hours so the adhesive can set up.
That's all there is to it! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 29 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 35 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 13 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
35 min ago
- 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
54 min ago