Mrs. Fixit: Laying Ceramic Tile
October 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Laying ceramic tile on a bathroom floor is a big job, but I can show you how to do it, step by step!
Generally when you're starting a tile job you want to find the centerpoint of your room by snapping chalk lines at the centerpoint of each wall.
In my case I am tiling a small bathroom and I want a full tile line at the edge of the bathtub, so I am going to start by the bathtub and work my way out from there.
Spread a layer of thinset onto the floor with a notched trowel large enough for a sheet of tile, and lay it in place. Press it lightly into the thinset and use a level to be sure that it is perfectly even.
Continue this process working out from the tub and back toward the door. Space your sheets apart the same distance as the tile on your mosaic sheets.
When you get to the walls, toilet flanges or outlets, you can pop tiles off of the sheets and cut them mesh with a utility knife. If you need to cut individuals tile use a tile saw or nippers.
Once all of the tile sheets are in place - keep people off of the floors for twenty-four hours so the adhesive can set up.
That's all there is to it! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 38 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 40 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 32 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
32 min ago
- Suspicious package found outside Planet...
40 min ago
- Fire crews battle house fire in Montgomery...
9 min ago