Mrs. Fixit: Grout A Tile
October 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Grouting tile fills the joints between tiles to finish a floor. I'll show you how to do it!
Mix your grout according to the directions provided, they will vary slightly from brand to brand so be sure you read your package.
Once the grout is mixed, put a glob on the floor and use a grout float held at a forty-five degree angle to push the grout into the tile. Work diagonally across the tiles back and forth to be sure you're filling the joints.
Avoid the spaces between the tile and the wall or other materials, these act as expansion joints and they are needed to make your tile job last.
Once you've grouted the entire space, let it sit for a few minutes and then you can start removing excess grout.
Use a large damp sponge to remove excess grout from the surface of the tile. You will need to rinse and wring out your sponge several times as you work. You want to remove excess grout from the tile without removing it from the joints.
Once you've removed as much grout as possible let it dry. When you see a haze forming on the tile, you're going to want to use an old cotton towel to buff the tiles to a shine.
Let the grout dry completely before you allow traffic on it - usually another twenty-four hours. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos