Mrs. Fixit:Door Headboard
November 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- I need a set of twin headboards but haven't found anything that I liked. Then I saw this old door and got an idea - it's the perfect size to turn into two headboards - check it out.
The first thing I need to do is cut the door in half, I don't have to worry about this old hardware because the middle of the door will end up being the bottom of each bed.
To finish off the top of each door, I cut a 1x2 to the exact width of the door. Secure it in place with some wood glue and nails.
Because the door isn't wide enough, I want to add a couple of bed posts to each side, I picked up two eight foot 4x4s for ten dollars each and cut them in half for the four bed posts.
Starting with a countersink bit drill pilot holes in the bedposts, I am going to use four screws down each side to hold it to the door.
Once your pilot holes are done, use woodworking screws to secure the posts in place.
To finish off the tops of the posts, I found these great fence post caps, again you can attach them with wood glue and nails.
Then, screw a finial into the postcap, these are curtain rod finials that i picked up for twenty dollars - for all four!
I painted both beds out in a color I just love and they're all set, can you believe that I built each of these headboards for less than twenty five dollars? Try it for yourself! i'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 58 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 39 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 8 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million