Mrs. Fixit: Revamp A Vanity
November 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A lot of times when you buy a house you inherit someone else's taste and choices. I'll show you how easy it is to transform this basic stock vanity into a piece you'll love!
The first step is to remove any hardware that is existing on the cabinetry.
Then, use a sanding sponge to rough up the surface of piece with sandpaper or a sanding sponge. once you've scuffed it up, wipe the entire piece down with a damp cloth and let it dry.
To ensure a nice and lasting finish, prime the piece with a bonding primer and let it dry.
Next, the paint. For a bathroom, I recommend an enamel paint, it has a tougher finish and will hold up nicely to the wear and tear a bathroom sees.
Finish the cabinet with at least two coats of paint for both coverage and durability.
Add some fresh hardware that really speaks to your taste and you've got a whole new vanity for very little money. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 16 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 13 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 53 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 58 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
13 min ago