Mrs. Fixit: Revamp A Vanity
November 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A lot of times when you buy a house you inherit someone else's taste and choices. I'll show you how easy it is to transform this basic stock vanity into a piece you'll love!
The first step is to remove any hardware that is existing on the cabinetry.
Then, use a sanding sponge to rough up the surface of piece with sandpaper or a sanding sponge. once you've scuffed it up, wipe the entire piece down with a damp cloth and let it dry.
To ensure a nice and lasting finish, prime the piece with a bonding primer and let it dry.
Next, the paint. For a bathroom, I recommend an enamel paint, it has a tougher finish and will hold up nicely to the wear and tear a bathroom sees.
Finish the cabinet with at least two coats of paint for both coverage and durability.
Add some fresh hardware that really speaks to your taste and you've got a whole new vanity for very little money. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 2 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 12 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 11 min ago