Mrs. Fixit: Revamp A Vanity
November 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A lot of times when you buy a house you inherit someone else's taste and choices. I'll show you how easy it is to transform this basic stock vanity into a piece you'll love!
The first step is to remove any hardware that is existing on the cabinetry.
Then, use a sanding sponge to rough up the surface of piece with sandpaper or a sanding sponge. once you've scuffed it up, wipe the entire piece down with a damp cloth and let it dry.
To ensure a nice and lasting finish, prime the piece with a bonding primer and let it dry.
Next, the paint. For a bathroom, I recommend an enamel paint, it has a tougher finish and will hold up nicely to the wear and tear a bathroom sees.
Finish the cabinet with at least two coats of paint for both coverage and durability.
Add some fresh hardware that really speaks to your taste and you've got a whole new vanity for very little money. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 47 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
52 min ago