Mrs. Fixit: Revamp A Vanity
November 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A lot of times when you buy a house you inherit someone else's taste and choices. I'll show you how easy it is to transform this basic stock vanity into a piece you'll love!
The first step is to remove any hardware that is existing on the cabinetry.
Then, use a sanding sponge to rough up the surface of piece with sandpaper or a sanding sponge. once you've scuffed it up, wipe the entire piece down with a damp cloth and let it dry.
To ensure a nice and lasting finish, prime the piece with a bonding primer and let it dry.
Next, the paint. For a bathroom, I recommend an enamel paint, it has a tougher finish and will hold up nicely to the wear and tear a bathroom sees.
Finish the cabinet with at least two coats of paint for both coverage and durability.
Add some fresh hardware that really speaks to your taste and you've got a whole new vanity for very little money. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?