Mrs. Fixit: Super Simple Shelf
November 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- I'll show you how to make a super simple wall shelf with a scrap board, paint, some ribbon and a couple of knobs.
I am using a scrap of one by six that is about thirty inches long. The first step is to paint or stain the shelf out to match your room's décor.
Next, you need ribbon. The ribbon will support the entire shelf, so I recommend at least one and a half inch wired ribbon for stability.
Cut two pieces of ribbon for your shelf supports. Take into account the width of your board and the amount needed to make a double knot when deciding how long to make your ribbon. I am cutting mine twenty five inches, so it will end up at about eighteen inches when I am done. Tie off the ends of the pieces to make a secure knot.
Now, hang two cabinet knobs on the wall at the width you want your ribbon supports apart.
Loop the ribbons over the knobs and around the shelf and you're all set.
Don't use this shelf for any heavy items, super cute and whimsical for very little cost. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 4 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos