Mrs. Fixit:Thanksgiving Table Ideas
November 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Your thanksgiving table is quite literally the centerpiece of your holiday. I have some ideas to make yours really special.
Start with a neutral colored tablecloth and some fabric markers. Have family and other guests write down what they're thankful for directly onto the tablecloth.
You will be able to pull the cloth out year after year and add to the thoughts and thanks - it will make a great family heirloom!
Pour unpopped popcorn into a glass hurricane to act as a base for your candles. It makes a lovely natural display.
Place a thin cylinder vase inside a wider cylinder and pour popcorn in between the two vases to fill the space.
Then add some lovely flowers to the inside vase to round out the display.
Hollow out some gourds or small pumpkins to act as a candle holder or small vase.
This should set you up for a lovely holiday! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm Mrs.Fixit and it's just that simple.
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 9 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos